No developer wants to accept the inherent difficulty of writing software as an excuse for not finding the bugs in our code before anyone else does. PHPUnit is a framework that was created to allow developers to solve that very problem. It provides a feature-rich environment with most of the tools necessary to provide adequate tests for any project.
“Instant Hands-on Testing with PHPUnit How-to” provides a thorough overview of the functionality provided by the PHPUnit framework. It shows how the plethora of features in the framework can be used to write tests for real world projects to ensure they function and will continue to function in the ways that you expect.
This book will show how you can set up the scaffolding necessary to run unit tests in your project with PHPUnit. It will walk you through the process of how to write a basic test and how to maintain your project’s test suite. You will learn how to use some of the more advanced features of PHPUnit and then see how you can use mock objects to isolate the code you are testing. We will then discover how to create tests that verify your interaction with databases and even see how you can use PHPUnit to understand which code you are actually testing.
At the end of the book you will have all of the basic understanding necessary to begin adding tests to your project. This book provides a great foundation for becoming a expert at writing unit tests.
What you will learn from this book
- Bootstrap PHPUnit into your project in a standard way
- Understand the anatomy of a PHPUnit test
- Create data providers to quickly create tests against multiple datasets
- Use PHPUnit’s skeleton generator to generate code from tests or tests from code
- Declare test dependencies to help isolate test failures
- Test abstract classes, traits, and protected methods
- Test database interactions in your unit tests
下载:关注本站公众号（右侧二维码），在 个性化-联系客服 中输入本文链接可获取文件下载链接。