Unity is a cross-platform game engine that is used to develop 2D and 3D video games. Unity 5 is the latest version, released in March 2015, and adds a real-time global illumination to the games, and its powerful new features help to improve a game’s efficiency.
This book will get you started with programming behaviors in C# so you can create 2D games in Unity. You will begin by installing Unity and learning about its features, followed by creating a C# script. We will then deal with topics such as unity scripting for you to understand how codes work so you can create and use C# variables and methods. Moving forward, you will find out how to create, store, and retrieve data from collection of objects.
You will also develop an understanding of loops and their use, and you’ll perform object-oriented programming. This will help you to turn your idea into a ready-to-code project and set up a Unity project for production. Finally, you will discover how to create the GameManager class to manage the game play loop, generate game levels, and develop a simple UI for the game.
By the end of this book, you will have mastered the art of applying C# in Unity.
Who This Book Is For
The book is targeted at beginner level Unity developers with no programming experience. If you are a Unity developer and you wish to learn how to write C# scripts and code by creating games, then this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the fundamentals of variables, methods, and code syntax in C#
- Get to know about techniques to turn your game idea into working project
- Use loops and collections efficiently in Unity to reduce the amount of code
- Develop a game using the object-oriented programming principles
- Generate infinite levels for your game
- Create and code a good-looking functional UI system for your game
- Publish and share your game with users
下载:关注本站公众号（右侧二维码），在 个性化-联系客服 中输入本文链接可获取文件下载链接。