As the amount of data continues to grow at an almost incomprehensible rate, being able to understand and process data is becoming a key differentiator for competitive organizations. Machine learning applications are everywhere, from self-driving cars, spam detection, document search, and trading strategies, to speech recognition. This makes machine learning well-suited to the present-day era of Big Data and Data Science. The main challenge is how to transform data into actionable knowledge.
Machine Learning in Java will provide you with the techniques and tools you need to quickly gain insight from complex data. You will start by learning how to apply machine learning methods to a variety of common tasks including classification, prediction, forecasting, market basket analysis, and clustering.
Moving on, you will discover how to detect anomalies and fraud, and ways to perform activity recognition, image recognition, and text analysis. By the end of the book, you will explore related web resources and technologies that will help you take your learning to the next level.
By applying the most effective machine learning methods to real-world problems, you will gain hands-on experience that will transform the way you think about data.
Who This Book Is For
If you want to learn how to use Java’s machine learning libraries to gain insight from your data, this book is for you. It will get you up and running quickly and provide you with the skills you need to successfully create, customize, and deploy machine learning applications in real life. You should be familiar with Java programming and data mining concepts to make the most of this book, but no prior experience with data mining packages is necessary.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the basic steps of applied machine learning and how to differentiate among various machine learning approaches
- Discover key Java machine learning libraries, what each library brings to the table, and what kind of problems each are able to solve
- Learn how to implement classification, regression, and clustering
- Develop a sustainable strategy for customer retention by predicting likely churn candidates
- Build a scalable recommendation engine with Apache Mahout
- Apply machine learning to fraud, anomaly, and outlier detection
- Experiment with deep learning concepts, algorithms, and the toolbox for deep learning
- Write your own activity recognition model for eHealth applications using mobile sensors
下载:关注本站公众号（右侧二维码），在 个性化-联系客服 中输入本文链接可获取文件下载链接。