Scala is a modern, multiparadigm programming language designed to express common programming patterns in a concise, elegant, and type-safe way. Scala smoothly integrates the features of object-oriented and functional languages.
In this second edition, you will find updated coverage of the Scala 2.12 platform. The Scala 2.12 series targets Java 8 and requires it for execution. The book starts by introducing you to the foundations of concurrent programming on the JVM, outlining the basics of the Java Memory Model, and then shows some of the classic building blocks of concurrency, such as the atomic variables, thread pools, and concurrent data structures, along with the caveats of traditional concurrency.
The book then walks you through different high-level concurrency abstractions, each tailored toward a specific class of programming tasks, while touching on the latest advancements of async programming capabilities of Scala. It also covers some useful patterns and idioms to use with the techniques described. Finally, the book presents an overview of when to use which concurrency library and demonstrates how they all work together, and then presents new exciting approaches to building concurrent and distributed systems.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with the fundamentals of concurrent programming on modern multiprocessor systems
- Build high-performance concurrent systems from simple, low-level concurrency primitives
- Express asynchrony in concurrent computations with futures and promises
- Seamlessly accelerate sequential programs by using data-parallel collections
- Design safe, scalable, and easy-to-comprehend in-memory transactional data models
- Transparently create distributed applications that scale across multiple machines
- Integrate different concurrency frameworks together in large applications
- Develop and implement scalable and easy-to-understand concurrent applications in Scala 2.12
下载:关注本站公众号（右侧二维码），在 个性化-联系客服 中输入本文链接可获取文件下载链接。