This book explains the broad topic of automated trading, starting with its mathematics and moving to its computation and execution. Readers will gain a unique insight into the mechanics and computational considerations taken in building a backtester, strategy optimizer, and fully functional trading platform.
Automated Trading with R provides automated traders with all the tools they need to trade algorithmically with their existing brokerage, from data management, to strategy optimization, to order execution, using free and publically available data. If your brokerage’s API is supported, the source code is plug-and-play.
The platform built in this book can serve as a complete replacement for commercially available platforms used by retail traders and small funds. Software components are strictly decoupled and easily scalable, providing opportunity to substitute any data source, trading algorithm, or brokerage. The book’s three objectives are:
- To provide a flexible alternative to common strategy automation frameworks, like Tradestation, Metatrader, and CQG, to small funds and retail traders.
- To offer an understanding the internal mechanisms of an automated trading system.
- To standardize discussion and notation of real-world strategy optimization problems.
What you’ll learn
- Programming an automated strategy in R gives the trader access to R and its package library for optimizing strategies, generating real-time trading decisions, and minimizing computation time.
- How to best simulate strategy performance in their specific use case to derive accurate performance estimates.
- Important machine-learning criteria for statistical validity in the context of time-series.
- An understanding of critical real-world variables pertaining to portfolio management and performance assessment, including latency, drawdowns, varying trade size, portfolio growth, and penalization of unused capital.
下载:关注本站公众号（右侧二维码），在 个性化-联系客服 中输入本文链接可获取文件下载链接。